Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Makeup Review: Stila Perfect and Correct

Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation in Fair
I feel like I have been meaning to do this review for two months now and just haven't gotten around to it! But trust me on this, this is definetly a product worth mentioning!It is no secret that I love Stila foundations and when The One Step Makeup got discontinued, I was pretty sad to say the least! But good news is, they came out with the Perfect & Correct formula!

Unboxed; helix design within the bottle
After using the One Step I wasn't sure what to think of this foundation because it is pretty much the same type of product including a foundation and primer in one, but this one has an added moisturizer in it (leading to a natural to slightly dewy finish) instead of producing the powder finish that the One Step creates. This is where I think that Stila should have kept both foundations because the One Step is great for those with normal to oily skin types and the Perfect & Correct is great for those with normal to dry skin types.



The foundations also differ in consistency, One Step being more of a mousse-like foundation while the Perfect & Correct is more of a gel-liquid formula. I also noticed that the packaging of the product has greatly improved! The old One Step bottle was made of clear plastic with silver paint on it that just kind of made it look unfinished, like the packaging was rushed whereas the Perfect and Correct packaging is made of a thicker clear plastic to show case the helix foundation design in the tube with the same air-pump type dispenser.



But enough with comparing! Let's get to how this performs on the skin, shall we? The Perfect and Correct produces a beautifully natural to dewy finish on the skin. It also has buildable coverage so whether I need a few blemishes and spots hidden or not, the coverage can be adjusted to fit my needs just right!

Right- Unblended straight out of the bottle; Left- slightly blended
I also love how no matter how many layers I build up on the skin, this foundation never looks cakey! It always looks natural and luminous, even with a powder on top. Plus, this range comes in 8 shades from fair to deep, so finding a shade to fit isn't hard at all!

The Stats:
 - Easy light to medium buildable coverage
 - Lightweight feel on the skin
 - Primer and Foundation in one!
 - Available in 8 shades
 - Great for normal to dry skin types
 - Points for fabulous packaging!
 - 1 oz. of product
 - Retails at $44.00

Have you tried any new to-die-for foundations or other face products lately?
Tell me your latest obsession in the comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice article, exactly what I needed.

Here is my blog post :: iklan baris poskota

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

My web blog: Mehran Muslimi Tips 2013 Android Devices

Anonymous said...

I like looking through an article that can make
people think. Also, many thanks for allowing for me to
comment!

Feel free to surf to my blog: best torrent search downloadshield.net