Monday, July 30, 2012

Revlon Expressions Experiment

This post brought to you by Revlon. All opinions are 100% mine.
exp_exp_logo.jpg (2 documents, 2 total pages)
Revlon is a well-known drugstore beauty brand, and as a high-quality affordable brand, they also encourage women to be empowered by their products and try daring looks to challenge the everyday. Whether it is a bold red lip, complexion perfection primers, or bright eyeshadows you are sure to find everything you need within the Revlon range. So get up and join the Revlon movement on Facebook by adding the Revlon Expression Experiment Application.

But if being empowered isn't enough, take a look at these great Revlon products to suit your every want and need!


Primers are a perfect way to start off your look, so try out the PhotoReady line of makeup primers for everything from their perfecting primer to color correcting to an eye brightener and primer in one. Personally after trying out the perfecting primer I think it is one of the better primers out there. I feel like my makeup stays-put longer and doesn't sweat off at easily in extreme heat. Plus, my makeup goes on much smoother with the help of this primer versus no primer at all. I also think the eye primer and brightener is completely worth it! For some people an eye primer and brightener is just another step to add to their routine, but I see it as neccesary especially because this product does a fantastic job at brightening my dark circles!



To keep your look on the bright side, try out Revlon's 16-hour Colorstay eye shadow quads. These super bright shades keep my eyeshadow looking fresh, fun, and flirty all day when used with a good primer. I also like that all of the shades differ a bit in reguards to how opaque they are, but all being on the more medium to sheer side. However, the one thing I would change is the inconsistency in texture of these shadows because I find that some of the shadows like the creamy highlight color in Inspired are super soft and smooth, comparable to high-end shadows, while a few others like the pale violet highlight shade in Seductive tend to be a bit grainy and have more fall-out. Even though the consistency isn't completely up to my liking, I do think that these shadows have great weartime with a primer and the color combo are ingenious from everday neautrals to the bright shadows shown above, the range is incredible!

Swatches Left to Right: Revlon Perfecting Primer, Revlon Eye Primer and Brightener, Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quads in Inspired and Seductive


Swatches left to right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Cherry Tart, and Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Sizzle

Lately I have been really into using lipstick since it is easier to apply than a balm in a tin when I am on the run, so I was super excited to try out the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks, especially because they have a great color selection including red lipstick like Fire & Ice as shown above. I personally love Fire & Ice because the color is a just right red for my skin tone thanks to the orangey undertones. Plus, and I found that this lipstick stayed for a seriously long time, even through snacking on popcorn  and sipping a fountain drink at the movies! Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters are also a great moisturizing alternative. For a while I have been wondering about the lip butters as sometimes, lip products can be hyped up a little much, but I definetly think this is worth it! I love the medium-sheer opacity that can be built up to a full finish. The color I tried out, Cherry Tart, looks like a bright red with silver shimmer in the tube, but comes out looking more like a shimmery hot pink on my pigmented lips, which I love! The Revlon Colorburst Lipglosses are also a fun unique product thanks to their fuzzy paddle applicator that sems a bit more sturdy than others I have tried. The color is also to die for, the sheer to medium colors all look great by themselves, or alone. My only issue with the gloss though is that it does tend to move towards the edges of my lips when it starts to wear off resulting in a ring of color around my lips, but a quick swipe of a fingeraround the edges lessens this problem.


I was super excited when I came across these new Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamels because what girl doesn't love a little nail polish? Being super excited about this new line, I couldn't wait to put these to the test! This bright blue polish, Indigo Night, looks great when paired with the lines coordinating base and top coat. Plus, this polish really does live up to the claims of 11 day wear, because after the twelfth day, my left index finger finally chipped. So I am very impressed with the wear time because even my favorite OPI polishes can't do that! So for those of you who have issues with chipped polish can finally get through a week without having to redo your polish multiple times!
Wanna see how I wore these products? Look below for my take on bold lips and bright eyes!

Above I'm wearing Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice with Revlon Eye Primer and Brightener under the eyes paired with Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
Other products used: NYC Smooth Skin Foundation, Bloom Sheer Colour Creme in Coy, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay Naked2 Palette, and Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked (brow filler)
(Sorry the eye makeup is a bit hard to see, I have tiny eyelids!)
Above I am wearing the Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad in Inspired Revlon Eye Primer and Brightener under the eyes and on the lid paired with Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer on the face
Other products used: NYC Smooth Skin Foundation, Too Faced Full Bloom Color Creme in Sweet Pea (on cheeks and lips), and Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked (brow filler)

Revlon_logo_Black_largerR[1].jpg (2 documents, 2 total pages)
So what Revlon products make you feel empowered and expressive?
Tell me in the comments!
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments: