Sunday, May 13, 2012

Target Beauty Bag!

Finally my computer is fixed and I will start to get back to regular posting. But enough about my technological problems, let's see what is in the latest Target Beauty Bag!


Items included in the bag: Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion, Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, Neutrogena Visibly Bright Facial Cleanser, Pantene Color Hair Solutions Conditioner, L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer, and a booklet of coupons

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes - Finally this brand has come to the United States and I have been looking forward to trying some of their products, these cleansing wipes being one of them. I was super excited to find this sample packet of 7 wipes (Regularly $4.99 for 25 Wipes) included in the Target beauty bag, especially because I sadly ended up not liking them. I feel like these wipes get my skin clean enough, but I would like to have felt a bit fresher after using them and I felt like the wipes were not as sturdy as my usual Yes To Cucumber Facial Wipes are.

Pantene Color Hair Solutions Color Preserve Shine Conditioner - I have tried many of the lines Pantene has to offer, but have never tried the color protect (around $1.00 for this 1.7 fl oz and $5.89 for  25.4 fl oz) since I have never had dyed hair until now (just the underside is 2 shades lighter than my natural color all over) so I was excited to see this included as well. I feel like it did a fine job at moisturizing my hair, but I don't feel it is anything to rave about and if you have fairly normal hair like mine that doesn't have too much of a moisture issue this time of year, you may not be too impressed either.

Neutrogena Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser - I am currently loving my skincare routine, but a gentle brightening cleanser is nice to use every once in a while as well. I was quite skeptical about its claim to transform dull tired skin to visibly bright and refreshed with just a simple cleanse, but I tried it anyway, I mean what is there to lose? First thing I noticed is that the cleanser is actually gold in color and contains little tiny sparkles in it, but once I rinsed, there were no visible leftover sparkles on my skin which was good because I was a bit concerned that they may attach to my face and make me look like a disco ball! But when I dried my skin I actually think my skin looked a little bit brighter, not enough to make a huge impact, but I do think that this mini (0.5 fl oz; $6.99 for 6.7 fl oz) would be great when my skin is looking a little sallow.

Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion - Honestly, I was a bit surprised to find this in the bag, I was expecting another hair product or makeup product, but it never occurred to me that body moisturizer is just as important as the products for your skin on your face in terms of keeping skin healthy and youthful looking.  Once I actually used it though, I figured out why they included it, it is amazing! This little bottle of moisturizer (1 fl oz; around $7.99 for 13.5 fl oz) quickly seeps into skin and keeps my skin feeling soft and smooth from dusk till dawn!

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer -  I'm not going to lie, I sort-of wished they would have actually of given a real sample size of this instead of just a single-sample-size that you often find in magazines ($10.99 for 0.68 fl oz), but even after just one use, I really like it! I was a bit scared at first because I do have combo oily skin and looking "luminous" often coincides with looking "oily" for me, but not with this! This primer actually makes a big difference alone and does tend to make skin look shiny, but once foundation is applied (which applies quiet smoothly and evenly over this primer) skin just looks naturally radiant and flawless with a lit-from-within glow! Plus, using a little additional primer on top of the cheekbones over foundation gives a naturally illuminated effect.

This being the first Target Beauty bag I have gotten my hands on I am quite happy with the contents and I love the bag itself as it is perfect for using as a on-the-go makeup bag!

Were you able to snag a bag? What do you think of these products?
Tell me what you think in the comments!

2 comments:

Jessie Mariem said...

I never heard of a Target Beauty Bag!! I'll have to look more into this!

Kelsey said...

Target has a sample spot on their website where you can request samples of certain products and every few months they come out with a new beauty bag filled with goodies like these! But you have to act fast in order to get one since it is a hot comadity and I was finally able to get one!