Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Favorites!

Finally we are one month closer to lazy days spent out in the sun during the summer! But until those glorious days come about I have my April Favorites.

Makeup
NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Bronzer in Sunny
Finally the sun has come out from hibernation and that means it is time to start using a little bronzer to encourage that sun-lit glow. Plus, contouring cheekbones and jawbones exaggerates facial features and helps give a more definite face shape whether my hair is up in a ponytail or swept into a low fishtail braid.

Almay Pure Blends Foundation in 120 Ivory
While out shopping at Ulta one day I decided to go next door to Five Below to check out their beauty bargains and found this! This foundation from Almay is now being discontinued, so I found it super cheap at just $4.00 compared to the $11.00 that my local grocery stores were pricing it at. However, they only had two shades in stock, 120 and 140 so of course I chose the lighter of the two and went on my merry way to the check-out! When I got home I was so surprised that this foundation actually turned out to be one of my favorites! It provides a good light to medium coverage and produces a satin finish while still feeling creamy and lightweight on the face. This month I have practically worn it every single day because it is just that good and I plan on going back to my local Five Below to buy another before they disappear forever! (If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the comments as I have not done a review on this product due to the fact that it is being discontinued.)


Skincare
Left to Right: c.Booth Walnut Shell Body Scrub & Cleanser, XOut Wash-In
 Treatment, and Clearasil PerfectaWash
Thanks to my new skin care routine, my skin is clearer than ever and I can't wait for this summer to get the opportunity to wear more lightweight foundations than my usual since I have less to cover up! If you haven't tried these products yet and you have oily/combo acne-prone skin, please just for me, go and get them! These products have been the best for my skin in combination together, but remember that everybody's skin is different and make sure that the products in your own skin care routine cater to your specific needs.

Nails

I have really been loving getting back to fun brights on my nails this spring and summer after a long winter of dark polishes. I love all of these fun and funky colors for my tips and toes, so to find the names of each of these polishes, look here.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Wow, I really love your blog! I check it constantly to see if you've posted anything new! It would mean a lot if you checked out mine, and maybe followed? xo (blushbronzerbeauty.blogspot.com)