Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March Favorites

Yep! It is that time yet again! This time around I think I have quite a few new favorites for this month.

Makeup
E.L.F. Studio Powder Blush in Pink Passion

Lately this has been my new go-to blush when I'm in a pinch and need a quick flush of color. I love the pigmentation which means there is no need to apply several layers and with just a tap into the pan with a Sigma F50- Duo Fiber Brush and a swirl or two on the apples of my cheeks I get a fresh glow that just can't be replicated with another blush. 

Essence I ♥ Extreme Volume Mascara

Thanks to the great representatives at Essence I have a new favorite drugstore mascara! Just a couple of swipes and my lashes transform into thick, dark, and defined lashes. Plus, I find that the big brush gives my lashes loads of volume to spare. 

Essence Lipsticks top to bottom in Coralize Me! and Red Carpet

Once again, thanks to the lovely representatives over at Essence I changed my views a bit on lipstick. I no longer think of lipstick as being heavy or a bit too old for my generation, now I view it as a new fun, bold way to change up my look without feeling like my lips are plastered with lipstick. I have also been loving how these silky lipsticks glide on easily and feel much more like a gloss than an actual lipstick.



I have once again gone back to hard-core crushing on Urban Decay's Single Eyeshadow in Naked as the perfect all-over color for everything from a lid color to crease blending color to brow powder I find it just multitasks so easily and whether you are an advanced artist or a beauty beginner you seriously need this color in your collection!
Nails


O.P.I. Elephantastic Pink with O.P.I. Silver Shatter


Finally the days of dreary, nearly black, but not polish, I have gone back to fun brights and soft pastels for the spring and summer, so look forward to a spring/summer nail polish favorites coming soon!


What were some of your favorite products last month?

3 comments:

Holly said...

Ive been using the ELF pink passion blush for awhile now! Its the perfect pinched cheek kind of pink:) Ive never used any of the Essence lipsticks before. How well do they stay on?

Beauty on a College budget said...

What a pretty nail polish color! I love the silver shatter combo, that makes everything more fun!

Kelsey said...

Overall, the Essence lipsticks are quite nice for the $2.50 price tag, but wear time tends to be their one hangup. I find that they usually last about 2 hours without eating or drinking, so for the tiny price tag you trade-off wear-time, but I love the thin, gloss-like consistency so much that I don't mind reapplying often.