Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bath and Body Review: Gillette Venus and Olay Razor

Thanks to Influenster, I got the wonderful opportunity to try out a couple great beauty products that I admittedly would never pick up for myself, this razor being one of them!

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor

Honestly, I never would have picked this up for myself as I am just sort of a "any razor is good enough" kind of girl, but that has dramatically changed since my very first shave with this luxurious razor. What really makes this razor different than all the others are the Olay shave gel bars on either sides of the blades, so there is no shaving cream needed! Which saves both time and money and I can definitely use more of both of those. But the real attraction I found with this razor was the five blades- yes, FIVE!- to get an even closer shave. Yes, this razor does promise a lot, so I was a bit skeptakle, I mean, a life-changing razor? Not completely sold on that idea.



However, as per usual, I was wrong not being sold on it because now I fully am! I found that the shave gel bar at the bottom gave me just the right amount of slip before the razor came in contact with my skin and the other at the top soothed my skin immediately afterward. Plus, the smooth, silky feeling goes beyond the shower and prolongs my shave by at least an additional day or two. But as much as I love this razor, there is just one hang-up, I feel like the shave gel bars run-out before the shaver blades dull down. Which is a bit weird and I feel like the bars last a good 7 shaves before I would like to replace it and for me, that means I get just about 6-7 weeks of silky smooth legs, which is fair enough for me.


I have to admit, I was super impressed with this razor even though it is just that, a razor, but the shave gel bars really make it worth it by saving me both time and money since I no longer need to pay for and bust out the shaving cream or go over my legs multiple times to get a super close shave thanks to the five blades.

The Stats:
 - Built in Olay Moisture Bars
 - No need for shaving cream
 - One refill lasts about 7 shaves
 - Comes with a handle, one replaceable shaver refill and a handy shower hanger for air-drying between uses
 - Starter Kit ranges in price from $8.99 to $10.99
 - Refill 3 Pack ranges in price from $15.99 to $19.49
 - Get More info at http://www.gillettevenus.com

What razor do you rely on for those silky smooth legs during summer?
Tell me which one you use in the comments below!
*I received this product courtesy of Influenster for testing and review

No comments: