Thursday, March 15, 2012

Makeup Review: Essence Lipsticks

Hey everyone! I recently received a few products courtesy of Essence Cosmetics to try out in addition to the ones I already have and love. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they sent me two of their lipsticks, especially because I have heard good things about them and I have been meaning to pick up a few.

Essence Lipsticks in Natural Light Top to Bottom:
55 Coralize Me! and 48 Red Carpet
Essence Lipsticks in Artificial Lighting Top to Bottom:
55 Coralize Me! and 48 Red Carpet

Once again, Essence has surprised me! Each of these lipsticks are just $2.50 each and for being low-end cosmetics, pack a whole lot of punch! Starting with the packaging they did a great job! I love the fact that there are labels on the bottoms unlike the Colour & Go Nail Polishes and Stay With Me Long Lasting Lipglosses. I also love the fact that the outside packaging color coordinates with that of the inside lipstick color perfectly so when you have multiple lipsticks in a drawer or makeup bag it is super fast and easy to find the color you are looking for without having to open the container or read the bottom label.

Upon first inspection of the actual product inside, the shimmer in Coralize Me! looked to be a bit over-whelming and made me think that it would have a very frosty finish to it and Red Carpet Looked to be a true matte red, which at first was very intimidating. Imagine the look on my face when I swiped these on my lips and found they are nothing like what they look in the tube!

Top to Bottom: 48 Red Carpet and 55 Coralize Me!

Despite the chunky, frosty looking glitter in Coralize Me!, it is in fact not chunky and not frosty as all and is actually quite wearable and the shimmer is barely noticeable on the lips while the overall formula feels pretty smooth, but is still a bit grainy as expected. When I applied Red Carpet expecting it to be a crazy full coverage matte red, I quickly found out that it was much more buildable medium to sheer pink-red than I was expecting and it is actually a very high-shine formula that tends mimic that of a thin pigmented red gloss.

Once again Essence did a great job with this product and although the shimmer lipsticks are not as smooth as I was hoping for, I still think they are great lipsticks and I can't wait to get some more!


The Stats:
 - Just $2.50 each
 - Shimmer tends to feel a bit more gritty than the creamy formula
 - Pack buildable pigment for subtle color to WOW color
 - Feels slick and much like a thin gloss on the lips
 - Lightweight Texture
 - Shiny Finish
 - Perfect for anyone who is beginning with lipstick or generally doesn't like the feel of heavy lipsticks

Have you tried these lipsticks yet?
Tell me what you think of them in the comments!
*These products were sent to me for review courtesy of Essence Cosmetics

1 comment:

bracelets design said...

Its a gorgeous colour...but i thik it will look good on a fair skinned lady.