Sunday, March 25, 2012

Makeup Review: Essence I ♥ Extreme Volume Mascara

Pretty much since I started to get serious about makeup I have been looking for the perfect formula for my lashes that will define them while giving voluptuous volume. Now I have been through a few different varieties of mascara and found that some of them to be better than others, I finally found the ones that work best for me include a volumizing formula like this one that I was excited to find that Essence had sent me for review.

Essence I ♥ Extreme Volume Mascara


For me, finding the right mascara has been a long and hard road, but as you may remember, I have raved and loved Buxom Lash Mascara and then more recently fell in major love with the Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara, but what I found in both of those mascaras was that they weren't very thickening. They separated and coated my lashes with ease, but I also craved just a little more.... oomph! 


With this mascara, I find I get all the extra oomph I need! In just one coat I get a good amount of separation just as I do with my other favorites, but this one also thickens my lashes just enough to still look natural and volumized. When another coat is added on top I find that my lashes start to stick together a little bit, but it is nothing that a few extra swipes or a lash comb can't fix in exchange for even more thicker looking lashes with a bit more length added into the mix. However, after two coats this mascara only seems to clump lashes together, so for those of you who like to layer on lots of mascara will want to stop at just two coats. 




Plus, this mascara is priced just under $4.00 so there is no need to shell out an insane amount of money every 3 months for a new one. I also find that the mascara brush resembles that of the Too Faced Lash Injection and Benefit Badgal Lash, but find this formula is much wetter than either of those two and doesn't include the flaking I experienced with those which truly makes this mascara far more worth the money.


The Stats: 
 - Available only in one carbon black formula
 - Big Brush
 - Provides volume, separation, thickening, and slight lengthening
 - Use two coats for dramatic looks
 - Priced around $3.99
 - No Flaking


Have you tried this mascara or others from the Essence line?
Tell me what you think of it in the comments!
*This product featured was provided courtesy of Essence Cosmetics

No comments: