Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Favorites

Time for yet another Favorites! This time around I have quite a few new favorites from the past month!

Makeup

Essence Mattifying Compact Powder in Translucent
Finally! I holy grail mattifying powder! I cannot tell you how long and hard I have been looking for an amazing mattifying powder like this! Well, actually I can tell you, ever since I realized I have combination skin! Since then I have searched high and low for a great, not just good, oil-controlling powder that will leave me looking both natural, not powdery, and matte, not shiny and I can't believe I found one that works these wonders in a drugstore product!

Essence Eyebrow Designer in 03 Light Brown
After relying on Urban Decay's Naked Eyeshadow, an EcoTools Angled Eyeliner brush and Maybelline's Great Lash Clear Mascar and Brow Gel to keep my brows looking full and perfectly in place I decided it was time to experiment a little! Although this pencil is luke warm to me unlike the Mattifying Compact Powder, it is extremely great for the price, just $1.49, and I find that it is easier and faster to use rather than my usual routine of brush and shadow with clear gel overtop.

Skincare


Thanks to this product, with the addition of C. Booth Walnut Shell Body Scrub and Cleanser and X Out Wash-In Treatment each used one a week, my skin is finally getting to be where I want it to be! I have had a lot of issues in the past with products, *cough cough* Biore Ice Cleanser * cough cough*, resulting in even more acne or giving me an allergic reaction (both of which happened with the Biore Ice Cleanser).Therefore, this product is amazing for my skin! I didn't see amazing results initially, but as time wears on this product and the others in my routine are doing remarkable things for my skin!

Storage

New Storage!
Finally! Some new storage so I can actually see all my makeup! Before I had gotten these storage containers I was always looking for a certain mascara, eyeshadow or lipgloss, but thanks to these two acrylic storage boxes I can see everything, and most importantly find everything I need, exactly when I need it!

What were some of your favorites from this past month?
Tell me what they were in the Comments!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I like the Essence Mattifying powder too, but I find that it has a TON of fall out. What do you use to apply it?

Kelsey said...

I usually use the EcoTools Bronzing Brush or the EcoTools Travel Kabuki to buff this powder on my T-zone and I find that by doing this I never have an issue with any powdery fall-out.
For a review of the Bronzer Brush, visit: http://aswrittenbyabiggirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/makeup-tools-ecotools-bronzer-brush.html