Friday, January 20, 2012

Makeup Review: Urban Decay 24/7 Electric Eyeliner Set

As a girl who is always on the look-out to find an easy way to switch up my daily look without having to hassle with multiple shadows and spending a large chunk of time on it, I can appreciate an eyeliner that I can depend on for an easy pop of color anytime.

Urban Decay 24/7 Travel Size Set of 5 in Electric

These travel-sized liners are almost exactly what I was looking for! This set of 5 houses everything from your daily go-to matte black liner in Perversion to an outrageous shimmering pink in Woodstock to let yourself create any look desired from everyday to anything but the usual (Lookout for Perversion and Woodstock in full-sizes this Spring!). The three others in the set, Ransom, a bright iridescent purple, Radium, a vibrant shimmering blue, and Junkie, a sparkly green, are just as wearable and easy to work with to amp up any look from day to night or just everyday.

Left to Right: Perversion, Ransom, Woodstock,
Radium, and Junkie

This array of liners couldn't have been better, these are the total package! Any girl-on-the-go will love these especially because of their one-swipe-and-you're-done! pigment that makes a serious impact without making it look like a kindergartner did your makeup! These pencils have a place in any makeup enthusiasts collection or a beginners makeup bag due to their intense pigment and easy, creamy 24/7 glide-on formula.

Left to Right: Perversion, Ransom, Woodstock, Radium,
and Junkie

I have had a small trial-and-error phase with these pencils in the past when a Sephora Rep pointed me in the direction of a liner that would actually stay on throughout the day. Let's just say I wasn't too happy having to spend $18.00 on an eyeliner that only stayed on the same amount of time as my $1.00 e.l.f pencil did. Since then I have learned a few tricks with these pencils to make them last a bit longer, but I find that re-application and touch-ups are still periodically needed if I'm planning on wearing them all day. If you have had the same issue in the past, don't let that deter you from trying out this great set because I have a couple tips and tricks to help them stay-put!

One of my tricks with these liners is to apply a primer to the upper lid if I'm applying them to my lashline or a primer right below my lower lashline if I am using them on my waterline to keep them from transferring or bleeding. If I am using them on my waterline I also like to use a tissue or q-tip to wipe off my waterline and then apply the liner to help them better adhere to the skin. In addition to this, I also like to set the liner with a coordinating powder eyeshadow lightly tapped on top of the liner with an eyeliner brush to ensure that the eyeliner will stay put.


This set is a great value for $32.00 for 5 travel-sized liners (that are each 0.03 US oz compared to a single liner that is $18.00 for 0.04 US oz) and is definitely worth trying. Whether you are looking for fast and easy color to amp up your everyday looks like I am or a beginner to an eyeliner junkie you will find everything you both need and want right here in a single set!


The Stats:
 - Great Quality
 - Convenient Travel Size
 - Each liner is 0.03 US oz (compared to a full-sized at 0.04 US oz)
 - Retails for $32.00
 - Rich color in a single pass along the waterline or lashline
 - Lasts about 3-4 hours before reapplication or retouches
 - Waterproof Formula
 - Great to use as a 'pop of color' in any eye-look


Have tried these infamous Urban Decay Liners?
What do you think of them and their staying power?
Tell me your experience with them in the Comments!

2 comments:

21SaraLoves said...

Totally agree. I think Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners are the best eyeliners ever! Very good review, very informative.

www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

Beauty Make Up Addict said...

Great review. I love Urban Decay.
Just followed your blog.
http://www.beautymakeupaddict.blogspot.com