Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Makeup Review: LORAC Baked Matte Satin Eyeshadow

Considering my current obsession with regular LORAC Eyeshadow Singles I decided to try one of their baked eyeshadows to see how they compare and seeing as I have neutral shadows up the ying-yang due to the singles and the Urban Decay Naked Palette I decided to go a little out of my comfort zone with a colorful shade.

LORAC Baked Matte Satin Eyeshadow in Insider

One of the things I am most grateful for is that the packaging on this product seems much more up-to-par with it's price unlike the regular shadow singles that seem quite flimsy. Plus, the classy, luxurious feeling I get from this makes me want to use it more often and even sometimes just marvel at the simple, yet classiness of it. I also adore the dome shape found on many baked products because it reminds me of Italy where they hand-craft everything from cosmetics to shoes to pizza!

But this baked eyeshadow has much more to offer than just pretty packaging. This shadow applies almost effortlessly, smoothing onto the lid and easily blending up into the crease and outer-corner without having to work at it. Plus, the color can be easily built up by adding another layer or two for intense pigment and color sure to wow a crowd. Needless to say, this is my kind of shadow! 


Sad to say, this formula is being discontinued, so try hunting around for it in your local Sephora or Ulta before it completely disappears forever! Look no further, you won't find a better baked shadow!


The Stats:
 - Silky-Smooth Formula
 - Easily Blendable
 - Has the ability to layer and build intensity
 - Highly Pigmented
 - Much sturdier packaging than the regular eyeshadow singles
 - Great Size! 0.08 oz.
 - These eyeshadows are somewhere between a matte and a satin finish
 - This formula is unfortunately being discontinued and was retailed around $22.00


Have you tried any products from the LORAC line?
Tell me what you thought about them in the Comments below!

2 comments:

Gemma-Louise said...

looks like a great shade xo

Jessie Mariem said...

Hey Kelsey,
Just stopping by to let you know that there is a giveaway going on, on my blog!

http://jessiemariem.blogspot.com/2012/01/shielo-giveaway.html