Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hair Product Review: BigSexyHair Spray & Play Harder

If you have been following me for a while, you might remember what I said back in October about how I went a lil product happy at the Sexy Hair booth at the 2011 Beauty Classics and bought some hair products that yes, were a great deal, but definitely not needed, but really, who needs a reason to buy extremely marked down hair products? I certainly don't! This is the first of the products that I bought a tried out and am super happy to say, love to death!

Big Sexy Hair Spray &Play Harder
Firm Volumizing Hairspray

Since I am not much of a product kind of girl, buying a hairspray was sort-of random for me and I was not really sure what I would be using it for, but after reading the words "Firm Volumizing Hairspray" on the front of the bottle it got me thinking that it would be great for creating a "bump" effect at the crown, no backcombing needed! I went to work straight away, combing my hair back at the crown and using a rattail comb to make a 1/2 inch parting perpendicular to a center part. After combing the hair up and holding straight up from the head, I sprayed short bursts of the hairspray right at the roots of the section and laid the hair straight down over my face. After repeating the process 3 or 4 more times and allowing the hairspray to stiffen, I flipped the hair backwards and combed over the sections lightly to combine them to make the bumb appear more natural.

The results I got were amazing! A bump that lasted all day, stayed in place and looked just right without any backcombing or bump-its needed! However, My hair did feel a bit crunchy and stiff when I went to put my fingers through my hair, so just a side-note: If you like to touch your hair a lot, this is not for you. However, If you want super strong hold for everyday and even extreme styles (like mohawks), this would be great since it doesn't weigh down the hair. However, be aware of the rather large price tag attached to it (about $18.00 to $20.00) because when it comes time to replenish your stock, your wallet may be left crying on the side of the road compared to other popular drugstore brands that tend to be easier on the wallet. So make sure to stock up on this great hairspray when it is on sale! 


The Stats:
 - Super strong hold
 - Does tend to feel a bit crunchy
 - Does not weigh down hair
 - Typical light fruity hairspray scent
 - Super volumizing when sprayed at the root
 - Leaves a shiny finish to hair
 - Around $18.00 for a 10.6 fl.oz. aerosol can
 - Sleek Packaging

Have you tried any Sexy Hair products?
Which one is your favorite?
Tell me in the Comments!

No comments: