Monday, January 2, 2012

Bath & Body Review: Softsoap Coconut Scrub Bar

I, for one, am not a huge fan of bar soaps, so when I found a package of this Coconut Scrub Bar Soap in my Influenster VoxBox, I was a little bit nervous as to how this product would work out for me.


I also was not just worried about the performance and how is stacks up to my shower gels, I was worried about the scent. I am someone who absolutely hates the look, taste and smell of anything coconut, but this bar of soap pleasantly surprised me! Instead of smelling like straight-up coconut like I though it would, it actually smells much more floral to me. I can still smell the coconut in it, but it doesn't bother me half as much as I thought it would.


Once I finally got this bar into the shower to test-drive it I was quiet surprised again! The bar has a unique curved shape for an easy grip while still producing a low-foam that feels super rich on the skin in the shower. Plus, the coconut extracts actually do exfoliate when the bar is pressed directly against the skin, it wasn't the wimpy little beads that disintegrate when they hit water that I was expecting. However, when I started rinsing the soap off I had a slight issue. It felt like through all that massaging in of the soap and gentle exfoliation the soap seemed to just sink into my pores and not go away! It just felt like a sticky residue on my arms that I had to rub over a zillion times with more water to get off. With that being the only con to this soap, I think I would be willing to over-look it if I had the pomegranate scent since you get 2-3.9 oz. bars for just around $4.00. Plus, Going Green is easy when they use 100% recycled paperboard to package their products.


The Stats:
 - Retails around $4.00
 - Comes in a two pack
 - Each bar is 3.9 oz.
 - This scent smells much more floral than straight-up coconut (in my opinion!)
 - Comes in two other scents, pomegranate and honeysuckle
 - Comforting lather with a small amount of suds produced
 - Gently exfoliates when pressed directly against the skin
 - Contains coconut extracts as well as jojoba and cotton seed oils
 - Unique curved shape for easier grip
 - Leaves behind a very slight residue
 - Carton is made of 100% recycled paperboard


What do you think of Softsoap products?
Tell me in the Comments!

No comments: