Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Skincare Review: XOut Wash-In Treatment

For the past couple of weeks I have been trying out a completely revolutionary approach to skincare called the XOut Wash-In Treatment by the makers of Proactive. This changes everything you are used to in a skincare regimen, instead of using a cleanser, toner, treatment and moisturizer, this product does all the work within just one step and can even be used in 3 different ways.

30-day supply (2.5 oz.) of XOut Wash-In Treatment

I received this product courtesy of Influenster (featured bonus product in the 2011 Holiday VoxBox) and now that I have it, I am so insanely confused as to why I had never tried it before! This is a relatively new product though, so I didn't have much time to hear anything about it, but with something so revolutionary on the market, word travels fast! 

Since this is such a new approach to skincare, I must admit that I was a bit skeptical, I mean a product that cleanses my skin while toning and lightly moisturizing in one simple step? Surely it must not live up to expectations! But when I pumped out this creamy white product into my hands and applied to my dampened skin I realized it was no bluff! 



This thick formula contains tiny exfoliating beads that gently remove dead skin cells to help the 8.5% benzoyl peroxide dive deep down into pores to increase its effectiveness, which I particularly enjoy. Plus, as you move this product around your face in circular motions (or however you wash your face!) for the recommended 2 minutes twice a day, it gives you a cool, tingly sensation that revives your senses and wakes up your skin. 

After you are done cleansing you also have the option of using this product as a spot-treatment or applying as a mask all-over for extra-deep acne-busting treatment. Personally I like to apply this as a spot-treatment when I get those pesky hormonal break-outs that just seem to never go away, but after using this on them at night, I wake up to smaller breakouts and overall clearer skin. However, there is just one drawback for people with dry skin, using this as a spot-treatment on the same breakout more than once can cause the skin around the breakout to become a little dried out and flaky, so I recommend using a gentle moisturizer around the area.

Overall I really love this product! It has helped reduce my acne (unfortunately not all of it, but it has definitely helped control it) and treat it while not being too abrasive on my skin, which is exactly what I (and I am sure many of you) have been looking for!


The Stats:
- Contains 8.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
- Simple, just one-step 
- Cool, tingly feeling
- Quick and easy to use
- Retails for just $19.95 for a 30-day supply (2.5 oz.) or $39.95 for a 60-day supply (7.0 oz.) at www.xout.com 
- 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee 
- Multitasking (replaces cleanser, toner, treatment and moisturizer)
- Sanitary Air-Pump
- Three ways to use: Wash, Spot-Treatment, or Mask


Have you heard of XOut before?
If you have tried it, tell me what you think of the product in the Comments below!
*I have received this product courtesy of Influenster as a featured bonus product within their 2011 Holiday VoxBox

No comments: