Saturday, December 3, 2011

November Favorites

Hello beauties! Time for another round up of favorites from the past month!

Makeup


Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV

In the month of November I have been obsessing over my latest Urban Decay palette, The Book Of Shadows IV. It holds 16 eyeshadows with a great selection of wild colors and neutrals for every occasion. Plus, It includes a ton of extras, so you can literally just take the palette and create whatever look you desire, whether it is fun and whimsical or the classic barely-there neutral. (Full Review Coming Soon!)


Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation

Due to the heat starting to come on and the wind outside being so harsh on the skin, I have been needing a slightly more moisturizing foundation that can conform to my skin and this foundation has been it! It provides just the right amount of coverage that I need without emphasizing my dry patches, which is a win for me in the fight against my combination skin.


Left to Right: Stila Lip Glazes in Fantasy, Kitten, Grapefruit
and Kaleidoscope

Before I received this set as a gift, I had sort-of lost touch with glosses and was pretty much just using balms 24/7, but since I have started using these, I always have one with me and pretty much have one or two shades mixed together on my lips at all times. These glosses are great, just the right combination of slick and sticky, but they don't last as long as I would like, so unfortunately I have to tote them around with me when I am out and about, but for the great color, I am willing to make a little room for them. 


Makeup Brushes


Crown Brush Flat Top Synthetic Bronzer Brush

Just a little while ago I discovered Crown Brush at a trade show in Columbus, Ohio and immediately gravitated towards this brush since it seems a lot like the Sigma Sigma Flat Top Kabuki. Since then, I have been using it everyday to apply my foundation and the results I get are truly amazing! I feel like my skin is absolutely, flawlessly airbrushed whenever I use it to apply foundation. Plus, It cuts down the time to apply your foundation in half! I can definitely get used this brush!


Sigma F50 - Duo Fibre

When I first got this brush I strated using it as a foundation brush to see what all the hype was about and quickly realized it was a truely amazing brush! However, my new Crown Brush Synthetic Flat Top has taken its place in the realm of best brush to apply foundation with, so I decided to experiment a little and use this brush to apply my blush. The results were right up to par with my usual EcoTools Bamboo Blush Brush, but now that I have discovered how perfectly this applies blush, I might never go back to it!


Skincare


Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes
On weekends I tend to skip a shower on Friday night and instead shower Saturday morning, so I need to be able to take my makeup off at night without having to drag out a washcloth, eye makeup remover, cleanser and the bathroom sink. These wipes completely remove all my eye makeup and face makeup without the hassle, which is exactly what the doctor ordered!


What's on your Favorites list from November?
Tell me in the Comments!

2 comments:

To Blush, or not to Blush? said...

I'm loving my Stila glosses too :). So gorg!

DaphYin said...

Great haul! I'm currently loving my new kabuki brush... :)

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com