Friday, November 18, 2011

Lip Review: Stila Lip Glaze Set For Holiday 2011

It's the middle of November and almost every high-end makeup brand has their holiday collection out and waiting for you to pick up for that beauty-obsessed BFF of yours. This set is definitely one of those top gift-giving contenders this year and I'm pleasantly surprised with it and hopefully, so will you!


Lip Glaze Shades Right to Left: Kitten, Kaleidoscope*LE*, Apricot, Grapefruit,
Fantasy*LE*, Starfruit, Dreamy*LE*, Believe*LE*

I must admit, every single time (without fail) I walk by a Stila stand or section in Sephora or Ulta, I marvel at the range of colors of their Lip Glazes. Plus, just the fact that they are called lip glazes instead of regular lip glosses just intrigues me. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to receive this set from a family member for my birthday (they know me all too well). Especially because I was debating on whether or not to buy it myself since I have been so curious about these lip glazes for so long, but never really wanted to fork over $22.00 for just one 0.08 fl.oz. tube. Plus, when you do the math, these eight 0.05 fl.oz. glazes add up to 5 full size glosses so whether you buy this for yourself or for a friend, a sister or a mother, you are getting an extremely great deal because you can also split them up and even keep one or two for yourself!


Besides just being a great deal, they are also great quality! Each gloss has a different level of opacity, some are sheer and others are more of a medium opacity, so pigment ranges, but I think of it as getting the best of both worlds, punchy color when you want it and sheer when you want a casual, laid-back feel. However, there is one drawback: these are not necessarily the longest lasting glosses of all time. They only last around 3 to 4 hours tops without eating or drinking, so make sure to bring this along with you if you plan on being out a while or eating and drinking.

Lip Glaze in Starfruit

Plus, one thing I found interesting about these lip glazes is that each color has a slightly different scent to it. Some are super fruity smelling like grapefruits and others are a more vanilla scent. Whatever the scent, it dies down after about 10 minutes of where, so girlies with sensitive noses won't have too much of a problem with them.

Whatever the occasion, birthday, holiday, or just-because, this set is sure to be a crowd pleaser while being easy on the wallet.


The Stats:
 - Great Range of Colors
 - Good Value (8-0.05 fl.oz.glazes which = 5 full glazes)
 - Easy Brush Dispenser
 - Travel Friendly
 - Great for Gift Giving - Just Add a Bow!
 - Last about 3 to 4 hours without eating or drinking
 - Pigmentation Varies (from sheer to medium opacity)
 - Click for more Product Pictures and Swatches


Which color sparks your fancy the most from the set?
Tell me in the Comments!

2 comments:

AtomicNony said...

thanks for the review. i have been thinking of getting this for a while.

Winda Tiodang said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)