Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bath & Body Review: Suave Cocoa Butter Body Lotion

With Winter on the way, my skin is already starting to get super dry in stale heat indoors. Thankfully I have found my holy-grail body scrub, C. Booth Walnut Shell Body Scrub, but after using a scrub I have to make sure to keep the new, supple skin uncovered soft and moisturized with a body moisturizer. So I decided to pick up this gigantic (18 fl.oz.) bottle of Suave Cocoa Butter Body Lotion too make sure that I stay smooth and supple long after exfoliation.


When I picked this bottle up I was very impressed with the super low price of only $4.00 for 18 fluid ounces! However, I soon learned when I got home that I definitely chose the wrong scent to try out. After just one pump on my hand I could immediate smell the dark-chocolaty cocoa scent wafting up to my nose, which is a nice scent, don't get me wrong, but when I slathered this all over my arms and legs, I felt like I must have smelt like a Hershey chocolate bar! I expected a light cocoa scent, but nothing as sweet and sickening as what wafted out of the bottle! With that said, be forewarned about the strong scent of this line of body moisturizers.


Scents aside, smoothing this moisturizer over my rough, dry elbows was like a dream! The lotion is the perfect consistency, not too thick, nor too thin, just right. With that said, it does take about 3 minutes to completely absorb into the skin, but after it sinks into the skin, there is no greasy film or feel left behind like other moisturizers. Sadly, the scent still remains as strong as ever and the fourth ingredient on the list in this moisturizer is mineral oil, which is not too impressive, but with a four-dollar price tag, it is to be expected. However, this moisturizer redeems itself with the sixth and seventh ingredients on the list, cocoa butter and shea butter.

Overall, I do like this moisturizer, which is great for the price, but next time I think I might shell out a little more cash for something without so much mineral oil.


The Stats:
 - VERY strong cocoa scent
 - Super moisturizing
 - Smooth texture
 - Gigantic 18 fl.oz. bottle
 - Affordable at around $4.00
 - Contains nourishing cocoa and shea butter
 - Does contain mineral oil


Have you tried out any to-die-for body moisturizers lately?
Tell me in the Comments!

No comments: