Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Get To Know My Beauty Ritual

Hey everyone! I have been on a roll lately with a ton of tag posts, but I promise this will be the last one for a lil while! Here is a peek inside my daily routine and favorite methods and opinions on makeup.


1. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge or your fingers?
   - For the longest time I used a flat foundation brush, then became dedicated to cometic sponges for at least a year and now my current obsession, the Sigma F50 Duo Fibre Brush.


2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark, or dark to light?
   - I like to apply it from light to dark so I never have to worry about using fifty brushes for just one eye look, I just find it is easier for me to blend and apply with one brush and it saves me some time!
Mini Urban Decay Primer Potion

3. Do you prime your eyes?
    - I have very oily eyelids and priming my eyes are a must, so I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion to help my shadow stay all day and night.

4. Do you conceal first or after foundation?
    - I personally like to do it before foundation because after I have concealed the areas I need to, I may decide that I don't need foundation all over my face.

5. Do you go for manicures, or manicure yourself?
    - I have had a few manicures before, but seeing as I am in Cosmetology, I usually do my own nails. 

6. Do you exfoliate your lips, face, or both?
    - I exfoliate both my lips and face as well as my body.

7. On average, How long does it take to do your makeup?
    - Depending on how tired I am and how much many products I put on, it can take me anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.

8. Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?
    - I usually always wear makeup when I will be out of the house or will be seeing anyone.

9. What is your weakness? Shoes, bags, clothes, jewelry, or makeup?
    - Hmmmmm... well I love shoes, but it is very hard to find shoes that fit my very awkwardly shaped feet, so mostly makeup since I can never resist a good deal.

10. Do you whiten your teeth?
       - Nope.
Japonesque Tweezers

11. Do you wax or pluck your eyebrows?
       - I like to pluck my eyebrows myself.

12. What do you use to contour?
       - I usually use my NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Bronzer in Sunny

13. False lashes or natural?
      - Natural with mascara on.

14. Favorite makeup brand?
      - New York Color Cosmetics because almost every product I try of their's is always great for the price!

15. Liquid, Gel, or Pencil?
      - Liquid for my upper lash line, preferably Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner.
Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate

16. Lipstick, Lip gloss, or chap stick?
      - Lip Butter. It is the perfect combo of Lipgloss and lip stick in one, super moisturizing formula.

17. Pigments, Pressed, or Cream eye shadows?
      - I prefer pressed powder eyeshadows.

18. Favorite eye shadow color by itself?
      - Lorac Eye Shadow in Serenity

19. Favorite eyeshadow combination?
     - Virgin as highlight, Naked on the lid and Buck in the crease from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.


20. Neutral or dramatic eye shadow?
      - For everyday, neutral.

21. Do you care more for quality or name brand?
      - Definitely quality because some big name brands have let me down before and I have turned to drugstore products that actually perform better.

22. What is your current addiction?
      - Blushes. For quite a while I was obsessed with lip products, then eyeshadow, then foundations and now blushes, I have really been wanting to expand my blush collection lately. 


So what your answers to these questions? 
Tell me in the Comments!

3 comments:

youlittlebeauty said...

Question 2 is meant to be: Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark, or dark to light?
My fault sorry!! typo...

Kelsey said...

Oh! Thank you for correcting that for me, I was kind-of confused by that question!

Beauty on a College budget said...

I've been having the same obsession over blushes lately too! Ever since I started to wear it, it just brightens my face up like you wouldn't believe! It's seriously my new love!