Thursday, September 8, 2011

Makeup Review: Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation

I absolutely love foundation! With that said, I like to try a variety of foundations, but I can be very picky about them and if I don't like it, it will be sent to live the rest of its life in the back of a cold, lonely, dark drawer. However, that is not the case with this natural looking foundation.

Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting
Foundation in Light 0

As someone who's skin needs fluctuates on a daily basis I need a foundation that is buildable enough to provide medium coverage when I need it and sheer to light coverage when I don't, all while looking natural on the skin. It can be a very tall order to fill, but this foundation does it with ease.


I find that most medium coverage foundations just can't stand up to my skin needs, but I find this does unlike many others. It goes on smoothly and seamlessly blends with my skin, even though the foundation is off a shade or two when I picked up the lightest color (Light 0). With that said, I feel this collection of shades is more favorable towards those with medium to dark complexions (or anyone that isn't considered fair). However, thanks to its awesome blending abilities I am still able to wear this foundation without looking like my face was stuck inside a tanning bed for an hour!

Another great thing about this foundation is that it leaves me with a natural finish, not too matte so that I look completely flat and not too dewy and shiny that I look like a disco ball, just perfect. However, I do have to say that it doesn't hold up to oil as much as I would like it to. With that said, I don't think this would be a good foundation for those of you with oily skin unless you use a mattifying primer and powder overtop. On the other hand, this seems to be a good foundation for those with normal to dry skin types because it doesn't cling to any dry or rough patches on the skin, leaving you with a flawless finish.

But there is one small problem with this foundation, I recently heard they are discontinuing it! Which is definitely  not ideal, especially since I adore the finish, but if you check allcosmeticswholesale.com they have a few select colors still in stock, so grab them if you can!


The Stats:
 - Easy to work with
 - Natural Finish
 - Now being discontinued
 - No truly pale shades for those who are very fair
 - Very Blendable
 - Retails around $9.00
 - SPF 18


Have any of you tried this product or its powder companion?
Share your thoughts in the comments if you have!

No comments: