Sunday, September 4, 2011

Makeup Review: Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation

As you all know, I am a serious sucker for anything that claims to multitask, especially this whole 4-in-1 deal thanks to the Stila One Step that I had a little love affair with a while back. However, the Stila One Step had a quite large price tag attached and has now been replaced with the Perfect & Correct formulation, so getting my hands on it can be a little challenging to say the least. So at last, I found myself walking through the isles of Wally-world (Walmart) looking for a dupe to my high end purchase, and, what do you know? I walked right past this foundation and then took a few steps back and heard angels singing, well at least I could have sworn they were!

Hard Candy Just Face It
Foundation in Fair

After snatching one of them up from the "fair" slot I realized that it was actually filled with the medium shades so going through all of the slots I found no "fair", but I was determined to get this product. Then I pretty much went all mad woman and searched every Walmart within a reasonable distance from my house and finally found it in "fair". But I couldn't help but notice that when I saw all of the shades lined up, they were all pretty much the same color with just a tinge more color to each one and was a bit worried about the color not matching my very pale skin and red undertones, but I decided it would work and back home I went.

When I got home this product was no different then any other product I get and I immediate took the cap off and squeezed one pump onto the back of my hand to swatch. Needless to say I was VERY worried that it would make me look yellow and a few shades darker.


Besides the color differentiation, the texture and finish were also kind of a hit-or-miss due to the heavy gel/liquid texture and very matte finish, as in I would have no choice but to wear some sort of highlighter over this due to how flat it looks on the skin. Nevertheless, I am a persistent person and it takes a lot for me to give up, so I tried to make it work, and tried, and tried, and tried.

Eventually, after trial and mostly errors I found out that it is extremely important to use a very small amount of product because the very first time I wore this foundation I looked and felt like I was wearing a cakey mask of foundation no matter what I did, needless to say I have never again used a whole single pump of this foundation. Then, I had a great idea of stippling it on, which just resulted in an even worse cakey mask with weird bumps on my skin due to the very heavy texture even though I tried stippling with a dry brush and a wet brush, it just did not go well for me (so be forewarned, NEVER try to stipple this foundation!).

When I was about to just give up on this foundation (which I just about never, ever give up on any product),  I tried one last time to buff it on instead of stippling or painting it on and I finally got a much more natural finish instead of feeling like I was wearing a cakey mask while still getting seriously great coverage from it. However, I still feel like at times it leaves me a little cakey or powdery looking in my dry areas every once in a while due to it being a 4-in-1 that dries to a powder finish. I have also noticed that without an additional primer this product will sink into my pores on a hot summer day, so the priming part of this foundation is not a success for me either.

It is safe to say that I will likely not repurchase this foundation and probably end up giving to a friend or just plain throwing it away after it starts to get old since I never need a lot of it, but I have to take special care and extra time while putting it on to make sure it won't look cakey or yellow-y.


The Stats:
 - Very Yellowy Undertones
 - Limited Shade Range (6 shades, light to deep tan)
 - Just $7.00 compared to $44.00 for Stila One Step
 - Thick Gel-Like Liquid Consistency
 - Cakes-up very easily
 - Buildable
 - Sinks into pores (Note: Use an extra primer!)
 - Hard to blend
 - Full Coverage


Have you tried this foundation or a comparable product?
Tell me in the Comments!

10 comments:

JessieMariem said...

I gave you an award! Go to my blog =]

http://JessieMariem.blogspot.com

Beauty on a College budget said...

I definitely won't be buying this product. Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Ѕpot on with this write-up, I truly beliеνe thіѕ web site needs muсh moгe attention.

I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the information!

Visit my web site: tens machines for sale

Anonymous said...

Ηey! Do you κnοw if theу mаkе any pluginѕ to protеct agaіnst hackeгs?

ӏ'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've workеd hard on.

Αnу recommenԁations?

My web page; tens 7000 Dual tens unit

Anonymous said...

Woω! In the еnd I got a webpagе fгοm wherе I know hоw to in fact obtain helpful infοrmatiοn сοncernіng
my studу and knowledge.

Feel free to visіt my web site: taxi

Anonymous said...

Write mοre, thаts all ӏ have to say.
Literally, it seems aѕ thοugh you relied
οn the video to maκe your pοіnt.

You clearly know what yοuгe talκing about,
why waste уοur intеlligenсe
on just posting vidеos to your site when you could be giving us something informatіve to reаd?



my blog - Taxicab Irving

Anonymous said...

I hаrdly drop respоnses, but i dіd a few searсhіng and wοunԁ up here "Makeup Review: Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation".
Αnԁ I do have a couple οf queѕtіons fог yοu if it's allright. Could it be just me or does it look like some of these responses appear as if they are written by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at additional online sites, I would like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list of the complete urls of all your social pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Here is my blog post :: okc roofing

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its good discussion оn thе topic of thіs
paragrаph here at thiѕ wеbpagе, I havе rеad all that, ѕo now me also cοmmenting at this plaсe.


mу sіte ... Www.Makemoneybuynsellcars.biz

Anonymous said...

hey there and thаnκ you fοr your infοrmation –
I've definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adding this RSЅ to mу emаil and cаn looκ οut
for a lot more of уour гespectivе
fаscinating content. Мake sure yоu
upԁate this again ѕoon.

Feel free tо visit mу web blog http://www.dallasseocompany1.com/addison-seo-company

Anonymous said...

Hі thеre to all, beсause I am actuаlly keen of reading this webpage's post to be updated daily. It consists of nice material.

Visit my webpage - plano homes for rent