Thursday, August 4, 2011

Skincare Review: Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes

I am always on the look-out for some simple, yet seriously heavy duty towelettes to get my makeup off before bed when I don't feel like washing my face and for me, these babies make the cut! {If you have read my July Favorites you already know I have been absolutely loving these towelettes since the day I brought them home with me}

Yes To Cucumbers Natural Glow Facial Towelettes
Finding a mediocre great makeup removing towelette in today's beauty isles can be hard, tiring and frustrating! With that said, I have tried what seems like a thousand different varieties and brands of towelettes, each failing to completely remove my makeup or leaving behind a sticky residue. Somehow when searching the isles of my local Tar-geh I just knew these would be the towelettes that would be life changing and end my search for the perfect one (as I had thought with every other wipe I had tried!). So after picking up a few other beauty items I rushed home to wait for night fall so I could try one out, I was certain they were magical!


Upon opening the packaging up the very first time, as the name suggests, the strong scent of cucumbers wafted up to my nose. I am not kidding, it was like I just cut a slice of cucumber and put it up to my nose! Personally I love this scent, but if you are some one who gets agitated with strong scents or do not like the smell of cucumber, you may want to forgo these wipes.


All scents aside, I plucked one from the double sealed package and immediately noticed the full tissue size and durability of  the cloth itself (no ripping and tearing of the cloth easily). Then came the true test, time to "Wipe That Smile ON my Face!" It took probably 5 wiping motions to get all my makeup off of my face (which is unheard of!), but I kept wiping because it made my skin feel so refreshed and clean just like I had washed my face with a gentle cleanser. Then came time for the eye makeup which is often times when most towelettes falter, but not the case with these wipes. I folded the wipe in half and gently rubbed back and forth over my lashes and after 30 seconds I opened my eyes and saw all of my mascara on the wipe and none smeared onto my skin!


These wipes are like a dream come true, they cleanse and remove makeup while nourishing my skin with green tea without the use of alcohol or oils unlike others I have tried. Thanks to all the good ingredients packed into these wipes they are ideal to use on even the most sensitive of skin and are even Dermatologist and Optomalagist tested, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. In addition to being great for your skin, these wipes are also doing good by not being tested on animals and being made out of biodegradable material, a win-win for me!

The Stats:
 - Super clean, fresh, cucumber scent
 - Smooth, Durable cloth
 - Double sealed to keep moisture in
 - No residue
 - Leaves skin feeling clean and moisturized
 - Completely removes mascara, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, and pretty much any product you put on your face!
 -Dermatologist and Optomalagist tested, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
 - Cruelty Free
 - Made of biodegradable material (the wipes themselves)
 - $5.00-$6.00 for 30 Towelettes

Do you have any favorite makeup removing wipes?
Tell me what they are in the Comments!
**Remember To Enter My Sigma Giveaway For an E35**

3 comments:

Britt said...

I got the travel pack of these with 10 or so wipes in them, just in case I didn't like them, but I also really like them! It gets all my makeup off (even mascara) and it leaves my skin feeling clean and soft!
I will definitely repurchase.

- Britt

Beauty on a College budget said...

This sounds like something I'd want to try, how many are in a pack?

Kelsey said...

30 Towelettes come in a pack priced around $5.00 to $6.00