Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tag: Summer Besties!

Lately this tag has been super popular and everyone from youtube beauty gurus to beauty bloggers are picking out their favorite summer products. Well I guess I am no different, I have some tried and true summer products that I keep going back to time and time again (with a few new additions this year), so here is a sneak peek into my beach bag! (NOTE: Sorry I have had few and far between posts lately, I am on vacation now and it has been very hard to find the time to put together posts, so please expect a delay in posting until further notice.)

My favorite summer….

1) Lip product
I am such a sucker for lip products, but a sticky gloss and heavy lipstick are not very beach worthy so I prefer a balm or salve in my bag instead. My Choice: C.O. Bigelow Apple Rose Salve (This product multitaskes as a cuticle cream, lip balm or cream balm to use on dry skin)


2) Blush
Every single time anyone asks what my favorite blush is whether it is fall, winter, spring, or summer I always say Covergirl Classic Color Blush in 540 Rose Silk. This blush is the perfect peachy/pink with just the right amount of shimmer in it so you never look flat or as reflective as a disco ball. (Check-out my 1 Tip For A Radiant Complexion)



3) Nail Polish
It is no secret that I love bright, punchy colors during the summer and O.P.I's Cajun Shrimp Nail Laquer is just the right balance between red and orange for my fair skin.



4) Liquid face product
During the summer months (if I am lucky) I get a light tan and my skin generally clears up so I like to use a buildable, natural finish foundation with sunscreen like the Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation.

Picture from www.bizrate.com

5) Powder face product
To keep me looking natural and shine-free I like to dust on a little Covergirl Oil Control Clean Pressed Powder.

Picture from www.covergirl.com

6) Hair product
During the summer I ador soft, shiny, manageable hair, however that isn't the case with my hair at times so I rely on a leave-in condition and detangler like the Regis Designline Ultimate Radiance Leave-in Conditioning Styler.


7) Eye product
I love all my eye products so it was super hard to just pick one product, but since my lashes are naturally full and black, mascara isn't so neccessary so I chose my all-time favorite eyeliner, Stila Stay All-Day Liquid Eyeliner which really does stay all day long whether I am swimming in a pool, crying during a chick-flick or even walking by the ocean shore.

 
Picture from www.sephora.com

8) Self Tanner (or any tanning item)
I am very fair skinned so naturally I love the look of tanned skin in the summer, but I always burn in the sun and self-tanning lotions, creams and sprays always end up giving me an orangey tint-- the only solution? Sunscreen! and lots of it, but to make application less of a hassle I like spray-on sun screens like the Coppertone SPORT Continuous Spray SPF 30 Sunscreen.

Picture from www.drugstore.com

9) Fashion Accessory
During the summer sunglasses are always a must-have but most people chose that so I am going to shake it up a little bit and put down anything girly and beachy-inspired from layered necklaces to opal earrings and even a chucky, big watch in a bright color to play off of the menswear trend without having to sacrifice cuteness.



10) Clothing piece
I am sure again that most would say a swimsuit, but I think a cute, classy sundress (no funky Hawaiian florals please!) is just a piece every girl should have. (try looking for a classic shape that has an unexpected flare to it like the dress below from the Forever21+ line)

From far away this dress looks simple in
navy with white polka dots and a classic
cut.



When you get closer you see that the white
polka dots are not really polka dots, but
white kitty prints.























I hope you enjoyed the tag!
What are your summer must-haves?
Share tham in the comments!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I absolutely love that dress! Sooo cute and adorable! And I think I may try that C.O. Bigelow lip product. Thanks! (:

www.sparklealways.blogspot.com

metroswimgal said...

i have that rose salve! and the blueberry flavor, too! i love it! so moisturizing! and i was going back and forth on whether or not i should buy that liquid eye liner from stila, and after reading this post, i definitely will!

JessieMariem said...

I've been thinking of doing this tag also! =]

http://JessieMariem.blogspot.com