Sunday, July 10, 2011

Makeup Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

Many of you may know how much I absolutely love my Buxom Lash Mascara, but for me it is a splurge item so after 3  months I throw it out and go back on my quest to find a cheaper alternative. This time I think I may have found a sutable alternative for just $8.00 rather than the $18.00 I shell out for the buxom lash.


L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes is exactly almost the replacement I have been looking for. This mascara gives me very comparable results to the Buxom. Although, I do have to wear two coats of this to get the dramatic fullness that I like and this mascara does not layer as easily as the Buxom and has tendency to pull out a few lashes every so often when I layer.



This mascara also claims to have a no clumping formula that I tend to disagree with because I do get lashes that stick together and small clumps at the ends of my lashes every so often. However, I think this is just because of the very "wet" formula and after a month and a half it will start to dry out some so it is more workable with less drying time. L'Oreal also claims that this mascara brush is "uniquely designed to amplify and separate lashes from corner to corner while building breath taking volume." and parts of this statement I agree with like the volume and amplification of lashes. Other parts like separation (it clumps a small bit, not bad, but I hate having to go back and use a lash comb) and uniquely designed brush (it really does not look all that unique compared to the Buxom's patented hour-glass brush and the brush is very short in comparison as well).



In the long run I do actually like this mascara as I am very picky about them, but I do not think I will be repurchasing often because some other downfalls of the mascara include some flaking and the most horrible smell ever (I have to make sure to keep the tube far away from my nose when use it), however it still gives me lashes without the price, just with a few sacrifices made in the wear category.


The Stats:
 - Some Flaking
 - Not Easily Layered
 - Adds Volume
 - Gives good curl without an eyelash curler
 - Separates and Defines Lashes
 - Small amount of clumping
 - Brush allows easy access to inner and outer lashes
 - Plastic Bristles
 - "Wet" Formula
 - The smell of this mascara is terrible x10!


Have you tried this mascara? How was your experience with it?
Tell me in the Comments!

4 comments:

Arianne Cruz said...

thanks for this review.. that's sad that it smells terrible! i wanted to try it.

http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

calicoaster said...

Terrible smell? hmmm...that sounds weird..but otherwise it is good for volume!! But year..even I like my beauty and makeup products to smell nice!! :)

Good review dear!!

xoxo
calicoaster
http://www.beautydiaries.com/

Leigh said...

hm i have never tried it, but it sounds pretty good. i use covergirl lashblast, which i pretty much swear by. have you tried it? by the way, is it a sign that the mascara isn't good if it smells bad? that is weird!

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Kelsey said...

I'm not too sure if it is a bad thing or it is just usual of this mascara, but nevertheless I like the mascara, just without the smell I experience when I open the tube. (with any mascara though if it starts to develope a funky odor that it didn't have to begin with, replace it, also replace it every three months) Oh and I have tried the Covergirl Lash Blast and I know a lot of people love it, but on me it coats the lashes too much and makes my lashes appear slightly spidery, which personally I do not like.