Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Beauty-ful Packing List

Hey ladies! I am leaving soon to spend a month in the Washington D.C./Virginia area with my oldest sister so I thought I would share a packing list with you guys because chances are, all of you are also going on vacation or spending time with friends and family far from your own house so here's what I recommend packing! (for a long trip, for a shorter trip checkout my What's In My Weekend Travel Bag)

Makeup
~Face
 - Primer
 - Foundation
 - Concealer
 - Powder

~Eyes
 - Eyeshadow Primer
 - A Few Neutral eyeshadows/palette
 - Mascara (1-2)
 - Eyeliner (if you normally use it)

~Lips
 - Lip Balm
 - Lipstick (2-5 if you use lipstick often)
 - Lipgloss (^same as above^)

~Cheeks
 - Blush (3 will do if you switch it up a lot)
 - Bronzer
 - Highlighter

Skincare
 - Makeup Remover Wipes
 - Daily Cleanser (may want to put into a small travel container or get a travel size)
 - Eye Makeup Remover
 - Toner (may want to put into a small travel container or get a travel size)
 - Moisturizer

Brushes
*I highly recommend buying a travel brush set because the brushes usually have shorter handles and come with a brush roll or container.*
- Duo Fibre Brush (they can multitask and be used for liquid/cream foundation, powders, bronzer and blush)
- Retractable Kabuki / Face Powder Brush
- Angled Contour Brush
- Lash & Brow Comb
- Flat Eye Shader Brush
- Crease Brush
- Blending Brush
- Brush Shampoo/Cleaner

Nails
 - Top Coat
 - Base Coat
 - Nail Polishes (2-3 depending on how long of a trip you are taking)

Miscellaneous Hygiene Products
 - Deodorant (yes, I just went there!)
 - Body Moisturizer
 - Tooth brush and Tooth Paste
 - Small bottles of perfume/body splash
 - Small bottles of of body wash, shampoo and conditioner (or better yet just get a Philosophy 3 in 1!)
 - Razor (we all need one!)
 - Any hair products you use on a daily basis (ex. leave-in conditioner, heat protectant, glossing serum, etc.)


Whew! I think that's it!
What are some of your travel must-haves?
Tell me in the Comments!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the Washington D.C area. Thanks for the great tips.
http://introtobeauty.blogspot.com/

Gracey said...

I always take my Naked Palette with me when I travel! Basically every eyeshadow I would need for an everyday look.

Anne said...

Hi, I nominated you for the Top 10 Award: Skincare Edition on my blog. I would love to see you fill out the tag! :)