Thursday, June 16, 2011

What's In My Weekend Travel Bag

I have always wanted to do this popular post, but never did for some odd reason unknown to me at the moment, but anyways I'm doing it now so that does not matter! Here's a little peek inside my weekend (3-5 day) travel bag!

My Old Navy Travel Bag
When I am traveling I like to look for a bag that is a good medium size, yet can still squish down to create more room in my suitcase/bag if I need to. This one from Old Navy foots the bill and it was a total steal last summer for around $2.00 on sale, but since it is no longer carried, try the Woven Makeup Bag from Forever21.

As you can see though, I like to use every single square inch of the bag to fill it to the brim with my every-day beauty must-haves and toiletries.

Inside the filled bag
When I am taking a short trip or just staying over a friends' house for a few days the first thing I pack is my toothbrush and a mini travel toothpaste.

Crest 3D White Toothpaste and Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush

As well I pack my other necessities like deodorant,moisturizer, shower gel, lotion, and body spray because, well, there are things you just need in life and these are those kind-of things.

Left to Right: Mini Sweet Pea Body Wash,
Mini Sweet Pea Body Spray, and
Mini Sweet Pea Body Lotion

Left to Right: Degree Expert Protection in active
clean and Murad Energizing
Pomegranate Moisturizer with SPF 15



Here's a picture of what the inside looks like after those products are taken out, but I still have about 50 more products crammed in the bag!


Alright so the picture below is of a travel-sized Philosophy Body Wash in Sweet Creamy Frosting, but really this is standing in place of my Philosophy Purity Made Simple travel bottle which I can not find at the minute, but it is the same size and bottle, just contains Purity Made Simple Cleanser.


And now on to the Beauty Must-Haves! Well these are pretty typical, my favorite mascara, a clear mascara to set my brows in place and a foundation that I strategically chose because it is a 4 in 1 so I don't have to also pack a primer, concealer and powder, instead just one product to do it all! 

Left to Right: Buxum Lash Mascara, Stila One Step Makeup
Foundation and Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara

Here's another look into what my bag looks like without the 4 products mentioned above.


Next is my daily bronzer and blush which was stuck on the side of my bag so you may not have seen them sticking out in the photos inside of my bag, but I promise, they were there!

Left to Right: Covergirl Classic Color Blush in 540 Rose Silk
and NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny
On the bottom of the bag I put a travel size Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original and a Vanilla Bean Noel lipgloss which is clear and sparkly so it will go with anything I wear outfit and makeup wise.



Here's the last 3 things left inside the bag, but you can probably guess what each one of them are.


My brush case and brush cleanser because I need something to apply all that makeup with and something to clean those brushes when I am done using them!

Left to Right: Ulta Professional Brush Cleanser and
 EcoTools Brush Roll (that came with the 5 brush kit)

Here's a look inside the brush roll so you can see the brushes I would bring with me.

Left to Right: EcoTools Blush Brush, EcoTools Foundation Brush,
FLIRT! Eyeshadow Brush, Sephora Professional Platinum Lash and
Eyebrow Comb #21 and EcoTools Slanted Eyeliner Brush.
On bottom: Sponge

And the very last thing left in my bag? The Urban Decay Naked Palette! (which has a shader brush inside, therefore I didn't put a shader brush in my brush roll)


Oh and one more thing I forgot to put in there, whatever nail polish I am currently using and a topcoat to clean up chips in my polish on my trip.


What's in your 3 to 5 day travel bag?

4 comments:

JessieMariem said...

Thank you for commenting on my post!! I love your blog and will be an avid follower! =]

http://JessieMariem.blogspot.com

Arianne Cruz said...

hey thanks for being a new follower :) your page is cute.. i look forward to more of your posts!

Katie Elizabeth said...

i'm seriously wondering how you fit all of that into that small bag right now!

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

Gemma-Louise said...

Thankyou for your nice comment and for following my blog.

I'll be sure to follow back :)

I also love the urban decay primer potion!!

Gemmalouise-xo

www.fashionisbeautybeautyisfashion.blogspot.com