Monday, June 6, 2011

Tag: Everyday Makeup Products

Hey everyone! Today I decided to do something a little bit different and create a little tag about my everyday makeup products, I now tag everyone reading this to post your answers below or post your own blog about your answers! (oh and I encourage you to take pictures of your products so we can all see the colors you use) On To The Questions!


What Primer keeps your makeup on all day, everyday?
 - Alright I'll admit it, I don't use one regularly [insert overly-loud fake gasps here]. I know I'm a horrible person because primer keeps a layer between your skin and the makeup and helps it stay on longer, but I have never had issues keeping foundation, concealer, etc. on my face and out of my pores. However, I have now started using my Stila One Step from my (ACW) All Cosmetics Wholesale Haul that has a built-in primer and I do have small sample-sizes of a few primers that I use on occasion.


What is your everyday Foundation? (if switch up your foundation according to seasons put down both!)
 - I am now currently switching between the two foundations from my ACW Haul (I was in desperate need of  new foundations!), Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation and Stila One Step Makeup Foundation, and both are performing quite well on my combo/oily skin.


In the Summer, what Tinted Moisturizer do you depend on?
 - I actually do not own a real tinted moisturizer, except a small sample tube of Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer I got (yet again,) from my ACW Haul. Usually if I want a lighter application/coverage then I will just mix my foundation with a penny to nickel sized amount of moisturizer.


What is your favorite Bronzer? (if you don't use bronzer, then put down your favorite all-over face color)
 - I have raved about it time and time again, the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny. I won't bore you with the details once again, but if you have not seen my review on it, please visit it here.


What is your most used Blush?
 - My most-used blush is my Covergirl Classic Colors Blush in 540 Rose Silk which I featured in my 1 Tip For A Radiant Complexion post.


What Eyeshadow do you find yourself reaching for the most often? (can be a single eyeshadow or a palette)
 - We all know what this one is going to be for me..... my Urban Decay Naked Palette, but more specifically the colors Virgin, Naked and Buck which are the colors I use in my favorite Nearly Naked Eye and I use Buck to fill in my brows.


What is your most repurchased Mascara?
 - Actually I have been switching around with mascaras from the just-average Smashbox Bionic Mascara to my beloved Wet n' Wild mascara to one of my all time favorite high-end mascara Buxom Lash which I have all pretty much repurchased the same amount of times, but my current love is Buxom Lash.


What is your no-fail Eyeliner pick? (if you use two different liners for waterline and lashline, name both!)
 - My favorite for the lashline is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black and as for the waterline, well, I'm still looking for better one.

Picture from Sephora.com 


What Highlighter gives you your infamous glow year round?
 - I personally don't like to use a highlighter because I have combo/oily skin and I would like to get away from anything that would make my skin look dewy in any way, but on occasion when I am in need of a little bit of highlighter I will use a little bit of a shimmery eyeshadow or a little bit of illuminator from an NYC Individualeyes Custom Compact.

Left to Right: NYC Individualeyes Illuminator and mini Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in number 23, Aspen Summit 

What Balm keeps your lips moisturized the longest?
 - Korres Lip Butters keep my lips supple and moist while adding a sheer touch of color to the lips.


What is your shiniest, often-used Lipgloss?
 - My most-used lipgloss lately has been an NYC Liquid Lip Shine in Petal Pink, which is more of a peach color if you ask me, but it is still super hydrating and has a pretty, shiny, shimmery finish.


What is your go-to long-wearing Lipstick? (and/or lipliner)
 - I mostly prefer glosses and balms over lipsticks, but one lipstick I have come to love is the Maybelline Color Sensational in 135 Make Me Pink.

I hope you enjoyed this tag!

Post your answers in the comments!

3 comments:

Cami said...

I like the NYC bronzer but I am looking for one that is a tiny bit shimmery to give me a glowy look. Any suggestions?

youlittlebeauty said...

Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog - I love yours :) Great tag ;)
That stila one-step looks really nice.

Beauty on a College budget said...

I live off my Naked palette too! It's the best thing I ever bought for myself ever! It's just over a dozen different looks, it's a great price and full size shadows. How could it be anything other than the best.