Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nail Polish Review: OPI's Jade Is The New Black & Elephantastic Pink

I feel like it has been forever since I have done a nail post so here is one, x2 (and a little something extra!) to make up for it.

Left to Right: Silver Shatter, Jade Is The New Black and Elephantastic Pink


As I said in my May Favorites I was loving all shades of green including O.P.I's Jade Is The New Black and already this month I am loving O.P.I's Elephantastic Pink, but here's a twist, I also love both of the polishes with the Silver Shatter from The Pirates Of The Caribbean collection. I know it is a random pair up, but this shatter has now earned its place in my Nail Polish Hall Of Fame! Although, to use this polish and make it look classy (I consider shatters quite grungy looking), I only do one accent finger because I really just feel like it is too much to have it on all my fingers, so when given the choice, I only do one accent finger with this. However, this is all I am going to share with you now, since I'll be doing a more in-depth review exclusively on the Shatter polishes soon so keep on the look-out for that!

Left to Right: Elephantastic Pink w/Silver Shatter and
Jade Is The New Black w/Silver Shatter
I must admit, at first glance I didn't seen anything special in this polish, Just your average green O.P.I polish, but it grew on me until I thought I could not go another day without this one. But what really made it sparkle was the silver shatter that I put on just my ring-finger.

Jade Is The New Black w/Silver Shatter on Ring Finger
(sorry, my polish was a few days old when I took this picture
so the polish is already worn at the tips in this photo)
While I was going through my whole green phase last month I just had to try Jade Is The New Black and I have got to say, it certainly is the new black to me. I think it really made its come-back last fall with the army-inspired looks taking the lead on runways, but just because its not fall doesn't mean this color can't work it, especially with an added touch of silver shimmer, via the Silver Shatter.

As for Elephantastic Pink... if elephants were this pink then I would go out and buy one because I really love this color that much! It reminds me of a bubble-gum pink mixed with a small amount of hot pink which makes it perfect when I'm in the mood for a fun summer shade!

Elephantastic Pink w/ Silver Shatter on ring finger
(This color looks slightly more coral/peach in this photo than in person)
Both of these polishes are great quality, as always with O.P.I polishes, and resist chipping and daily wear and tear better than any other brand of nail polish that I have used. (If you like to see The Stats on O.P.I polishes please refer to my complete O.P.I Haul and Review)

What are your favorite O.P.I colors?
Comment about it!

27 comments:

Voe said...

Your blog is great. I love this OPI colour, I have ordered it.

Thank you for such a wonderful blog.

All the best,
Voe.
_________________________________________
http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com/

Soley said...

Great blog! <3 these colors! Followed!
Check out my blog! http://www.glittercouture19.blogspot.com/

Rakhshanda said...

Woww lovely colors!!! nice blog sweetie <3 Hope you check out & follow mine!!
http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

Beauty on a College budget said...

I have "Jade is the new Black' just sitting on my shelf waiting to be used, and now that I saw this review I can not wait to try it! I even have the silver shatter to go with it! Thanks for showing such a great combo! I've been wonder why I even picked up the green OPI since i never really wear green and now I'm glad I bought it!

Anonymous said...

generic xanax order xanax online from canada - xanax side effects pregnant

Anonymous said...

generic xanax long do effects 2mg xanax last - generic xanax white pill

Anonymous said...

generic xanax xanax no prescription cheap - what does xanax generic pill look like

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100 mg prednisone and tramadol for dogs - order tramadol online us pharmacy

Anonymous said...

uenvks buy lipitor no prescription - cheap generic lipitor http://www.lipitoronlinesale.com/#cheap-generic-lipitor , [url=http://www.lipitoronlinesale.com/#order-lipitor ]order lipitor [/url]

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online without prescription do people buy xanax online - how many xanax pills to get high

Anonymous said...

generic xanax xanax drug narcotic - xanax 1 mg blue pill

Anonymous said...

is it illegal to buy xanax online where to get xanax online - xanax for sale

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol where to buy carisoprodol online - ketamine carisoprodol

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol drug drug interactions carisoprodol - carisoprodol generic for soma

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol stada 100mg retardtabletten nebenwirkungen - tramadol dosage small dogs

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online cod alprazolam 0.5mg para que sirve - order cheap xanax online no prescription

Anonymous said...

http://landvoicelearning.com/#44827 tramadol and ultram - buy tramadol online in europe

Anonymous said...

http://www.integrativeonc.org/adminsio/buyklonopinonline/#buy klonopin 2mg side effects - klonopin .5 side effects

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol online pharmacy no prescription - tramadol for dogs effects on humans

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol zolpidem interaction - tramadol for dogs bone cancer

Anonymous said...

http://landvoicelearning.com/#21906 where to buy tramadol online - order tramadol next day delivery

Anonymous said...

learn how to buy tramdadol buy tramadol cash delivery - order tramadol online with mastercard

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol can take 2 tramadol 50mg - tramadol hcl 25mg dogs

Anonymous said...

cheap klonopin clonazepam klonopin wiki - 3 mg klonopin erowid

Anonymous said...

klonopin 2mg klonopin 1mg dosage - klonopin ocd

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol 350 mg 5513 dan carisoprodol drug - carisoprodol 350 mg erowid

Anonymous said...

http://www.maps.google.com/ - [url=http://www.wikipedia.org/]wiki[/url]
mail