Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Favorites

May has now come to an end and with that comes my first monthly Favorites post! This may feature everything from Clothes to Beauty Products to Jewelry to Music to just random things I am excited about this month.

~Beauty Favorites~
My first favorite last month is my Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black. Usually I'm not much of a fan of high-end mascara because I have been disappointed by many of them and usually lower-end mascaras work just as well as high-end ones, but recently my beloved Wet n' Wild Mega Volume Mascara in Black decided to develop a crack in the tube and has dried out {insert a tear stained face here}. So looking through my stash I once again discovered why I love Buxom Lash. It gives me lots of volume and separates my lashes to give me an almost false lash effect (my lashes are naturally long, dark and I have no shortage of them so none of those things are of concern for me). This mascara just gives me what I want and nothing more which is exactly what I bargained for. {I think I will be doing a review on this product in another week or two so I won't bore you now by droning on about it}.



My second favorite last month is my Urban Decay Naked Palette of corse! It is so versatile and the colors are simply amazing! I will be putting up my review soon so I won't tell you all too much about it now, but still be on the lookout for that and if you would like to see the swatches click here and for the most awkward story about how I got this palette click here.



Another one of my favorites was my NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny. It's finally starting to clear up from all of the storms right now where I am and I have been pretty much using this every single day to add that summer glow to my skin that we all crave. I have a review on it so if you would like some more information on this product click here


~Nail Favorites~
(expect a review on all of these polishes soon)
I was loving green on my nails last month, especially O.P.I's Jade is the New Black and O.P.I's Gargantuan Green Grape nail polishes.
Left To Right: Jade Is The New Black and Gargantuan Green Grape
I was also loving (and still loving) O.P.I's Silver Shatter from the Pirates of the Caribbean Collection, which so far has given me the best results out of all of the shatters on my nails. 


~Music Favorites~
One of my music favorites last month is the song Loser Like Me by The Cast Of Glee. It is such a fun, inspirational song, it's the perfect song to listen to when you feel discouraged or down about something and even just because. This is definitely going on my summer playlist!

Picture From Wikia

Breathe Carolina's Cover of the song Down by Jay Sean (on the album Punk Goes Pop 3) is a great take on the song. I like the original version of the song, but when Breathe Carolina is singing it, it's just 10x better. Listen to it here

Picture From Wikipedia

~Miscellaneous~
School is coming to an end, less than two more weeks to go! Finally! Just two more years of high school to go!

***********************************************************
I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorites last month!

Did you have any staples in your collection last month?
Leave them in the Comments!

1 comment:

Hannah Michelle said...

Ohh I love the green OPI nail polishes, will definitely have to check them out!