Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Haul Time!

Left to Right: C.O. Bigelow Apple Rose Salve, Orange Sapphire Fragrance
from Bath & Body Works, NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation,
Japonesque Tweezers, Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation,
and Yes To Cucumbers Natural Glow Facial Towelettes

Hey everyone! I know, I know, I didn't post yesterday because my internet was glitchy, but I decided to make up for it I will post today and tomorrow to get back on track. I recently have gone shopping with my oldest sister since she just came home (she lives on her own and comes to visit just a few times a year) and picked up a few things and thought hey, why not do a haul? So here's my little haul from over the last few days!


The first few things I picked up from Walmart (which is weird because I barely ever go to Walmart) were the Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes, NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation and the Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation. Many of you requested that I try the Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation after my review on the Stila One Step Foundation because the price of the Stila One Step is pretty high ($44.00 original pricing) and this Hard Candy foundation is just $7.00 at Walmart stores. I have not tried it yet, but I am certainly hoping that it will give me similar results at a lower price, especially because I had to run to 3 different Walmart stores to find it in my shade! As well, I though I would try the NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation  because it was such a steal at just around $3.00 and as you all know, I love my NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder, so I am very familiar with this low-end brand that provides some seriously great products worthy of a spot on a shelf in a high-end department store makeup counter. I also picked up the Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes because there has been much talk about them for some time and I am always on the look-out for some simple towelettes that will actually get all of my makeup off.


I stopped by the mall as well and just had  to get a few things from Bath & Body Works because of their Hello! Yellow Sale that gives deep discounts on practically any and all products in the store. I was captivated by the bins of perfume and body splashes when I walked in and surprisingly I found a new scent that I absolutely love! Before two days ago I had actually never smelt the Orange Sapphire Scent, but now I can not keep my nose away from it however, it does not stay long at all on my skin, about 30 minutes tops. As I was on my way to the register I spotted some shelves stocked with lip products on sale for just $2.00 each and I have been wanting to try one of the Rose Salves for quite some time, so I went for the Apple version since there was not a tester and I was not sure what the blueberry one would have smelt like.


Later, my sister decided it was about time to get her brows waxed again (hey, we all need to tame those brows every once in a while!) and the salon inside of the mall was offering a free pair of Japonesque Tweezers with any waxing service and she does not use tweezers, so naturally I swiped them up like they were a bar of gold considering they are about $15 in stores. I actually used them yesterday to touch-up my brows and get some of those little stray hairs that seem to pop up out of nowhere and these tweezers are by far the best pair of tweezers I have used. 


I hope you all enjoyed my haul!
Have you purchased any beauty goodies lately?
Share what you bought in the comments!

5 comments:

Arianne Cruz said...

I bought NYX lip liner. That's pretty much all the beauty products I bought so far. I'm waiting on my giveaway prize though from a blogger

youlittlebeauty said...

Heard really good things about those cleansing wipes, let us know how you get on with everything - nice haul, esp the tweezers!

Kailey said...

Can't wait for your review on the foundations! :)

-Mystery Rose said...

I got a Alba face mask

Chichaul said...

Hello!

Your haul looks really great.
If you don't mind please share it with our fashion haul community.
www.chichaul.com

Hope to see you around there!
xoxo :)