Saturday, April 9, 2011

O.P.I Nail Polish Haul!

Here's the haul I promised!
(Warning: Picture Overload Ahead)

O.P.I Nail Lacquer (Left to Right): William Tell Me About OPI, I'm Indi-a Mood For Love, Ogre The Top Blue, Cajun Shrimp

So actually these nail polishes are the FIRST O.P.I polishes I have ever tried.... And honestly now I don't know why I hadn't tried them before! Welllll... actually before I had tried these polishes I just thought they would be like any other nail polish I've tried from the drugstore and that they weren't worth all the hype. I mean $8.50 a bottle? "No thanks", I thought, "I can do without". In reality, now I don't know what I would do if I hadn't of picked these up. 

So it was just like any other day running to Ulta to see if they had the Urban Decay Naked Palette back in stock yet (I really want one and unfortunately haven't been able to get my paws on it!). To my disappointment they didn't have any left (insert frowny face here). So intsead I went to look around the store at some other cosmetics and skincare items. Then I started to stray into the nail polish setion since it is right next to all the headbands and hair accessories (well thats how it is set up in the Ulta I go to). 

Soon enough I found myself fascinated by the vast color selection of this nail polish brand. From pale pinks to deep burgundy and everywhere in between! 


So I decided, "What the hay, it's about time I spoil myself with some higher-end nail polishes", and took the plunge. So in the end I decided to get three super bright polishes since it is going into spring/summer and one darker color to look forward to using next fall/winter or whenever I'm feeling a lil vampy.

O.P.I Nail Lacquer (Left to Right): William Tell Me About OPI, I'm Indi-a Mood For Love, Ogre The Top Blue, Cajun Shrimp

So first I decided to try out I'm Indi-a Mood For Love naturally because it's pink! But as of right now I'm actually wearing Cajun Shrimp. However, neither are my favorite, I haven't decided yet because I haven't used the blue yet but as soon as I know, I'll be sure to tell you all right away!

So I wore I'm Indi-a Mood For Love for 5 days straight with my favorite top coat, Savina Fast Drying Topcoat, and had minimal chips in my polish by the end of the fifth day. Now I'm wearing Cajun Shrimp without a top coat to see how the polish wears on it's own without the help of a top coat and 2 days in, it's going strong! Oh and the fact that the polish is naturally super shiny without a topcoat is what really made me do this to see if when I wear these polishes I can skip a step and get done faster with my nails if need be. 

On To The Swatches!

Above: Cajun Shrimp (Bright Red-Orange)

Above: I'm Indi-a Mood For Pink (Midtone Pink)

Above: Ogre The Top Blue (Bright Midtone Blue) [I got kinda messy with this nail!]

Above: William Tell Me About OPI (Dark almost black Purple-Burgundy)


The Stats:
 - The polishes are 0.5 oz.
 - They are about $8.50 {Price varies by store or by location}                      
 - They have HUGE brushes!  ---> Left: Normal-Sized NYC Nail Enamel Brush/Right: Huge OPI Nail Lacquer Brush


Overall, I really like the formulation of these polishes and their long-wear, but hate the price. As well, another downfall of the polish for me is the large brush just because I have rather petite nails and one stroke of the brush coats my whole nail and I prefer more control with a smaller brush.




So, have you tried O.P.I Nail Polishes yet?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

905 of thіs creаm's buyers have claimed to have knowledgeable good cellulite reduction.

my weblog ... www.cuming4u.com

Anonymous said...

National Association of Slot Machines For Sales claims that the construction is
active and would not be a union contractor, the main office of the Slot Machines For
Sale they used.

Look into my homepage :: Www.ECSlots.Com

Anonymous said...

Аccordіng to v2 cіgs cгіtіque yοu can еasily
νerifу on nеt abοut electronic cigarеttе bгands.


Take a look at mу blog ρost :: V2 Cigs Coupon

Anonymous said...

The sixty day complimentary trial offer is a excellent choice, in the case of
the flex waistband.

Also visit my web page; Flex Belt review

Anonymous said...

The belt could be worn wherever so you can get a superb function out taking a cat
nap or washing home.

Feel free to surf to my blog post; Http://Www.Marsvenusatwork.Com/

Anonymous said...

In that respect, this item does perform or at the incredibly least does not make untrue claims.


Look into my blog: http://www.marsvenusatwork.com/

Anonymous said...

Anybody who is prepared to get a properly-toned stomach can use this belt.



Stop by my web blog - Enlightenedwealthinstitutesocial.Ning.com