Saturday, April 23, 2011

Nail Polish Review: China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise

Surprise! Bet you weren't expecting another nail polish review for a while since it seems I have just done my O.P.I haul, but I couldn't resist reviewing this pretty polish!  

China Glaze Nail Lacquer With Hardeners in Turned Up Turquoise 

After my O.P.I Haul I told myself, "Now I have splurged on nail products and DO NOT need any more right now". Well.... funny thing is... my sister bought me this as a gift for doing her a favor and if she hadn't of bought it for me, I would have cracked and bought it myself! I just couldn't resist this pretty blue-green color!





*above picture without a topcoat*

China Glaze Nail Lacquer With Hardeners in Turned Up Turquoise

Though, there are a few minor MAJOR drawbacks to this nail polish. :(
 - It dries to a matte finish that personally I don't like much
 - This polish is very sheer and I had to put 3 coats on almost all of my nails
 - It chips soooooo easily even with my regular topcoat; probably because I had to put so many coats of polish on in the first place


Chips on my nails after 3 days of wear with my usual Savina Fast Drying Topcoat

I will admit, I was very disappointed with this polish even though this isn't my first China Glaze nail polish I have gotten, it is the first I have actually tried to wear (my other ones I haven't worn much because they are just glitters that I got as gifts).


The Stats:
 - China Glaze polishes have hardeners in the polish 
 - This color requires 2 or three coats to get to full opacity
 - There is a shimmer to this polish color, but it doesn't show up as much on the nail as in the bottle
 - China Glaze nail polish formulas seem to not go on as smoothly as other brands do
 - This polish dries to a matte finish 
 - This polish tends to chip very easily 


So have you had a good or bad experience with China Glaze Nail Lacquer?
Share in the comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to google whether it's only I that feels this way. I got the same color and another one called Sun Worshipper, and it chips after a day. Grrr. even with my long-lasting topcoat, it doesn't adhere well.